How well do you know your festive features? Better than most? Here’s your chance to put that knowledge to the test our first ever Christmas quiz…
1. What song does Jovie lead the crowd in singing to power Santa’s sleigh at the end of Elf?
2. Frank Capra developed a new special effect for snow in the production of It’s a Wonderful Life, using a mix of foamite, soap and water, but which breakfast cereal had been frequently used for snow in films prior?
3. Which seasonal animation was based on a poem by Tim Burton?
4. What major historical event led Mark Sandrich to extend Claude Binyon’s script for Holiday Inn during filming?
5. Alastair Sim, Jim Carey and Tim Curry have all brought which character to life in Christmas films?
6. Who was hired to be the store Santa at the Saguaro Square Mall?
7. Kate Winslet plays journalist Iris Simpkins in Nancy Meyers’ 2006 festive rom com The Holiday, but for which UK newspaper does she write?
8. How many Academy Awards did George Seaton’s Miracle on 34th Street win in 1948?
9. Michael Kamen composed the original Die Hard score in 1988. Whilst Bruce Willis has appeared in each of the films to date, how many did Kamen produce music for?
10. Who voiced the titular character in Arthur Christmas?
11. Which of the following stars did not feature in Love Actually?
a) Alan Rickman
b) Jim Broadbent
c) Chiwetel Ejiofor
12. The song ‘Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas’ made its debut in the film Meet Me in St. Louis and was sung by whom?
13. Which holiday film was based on the short story ‘Christmas 59’?
14. How many characters does Tom Hanks play in The Polar Express?
15. Who do the McCallister family leave behind at Christmas in the film Home Alone?
16. What is Santa’s favourite drink, according to Tim Allen in the film The Santa Clause?
17. The Man Who Invented Christmas tells the story of which famous writer?
18. What is the name of Santa’s bitter older brother in David Dobkin’s 2007 Christmas comedy?
19. Who directed Trading Places?
20. How many times does Ralphie say that he wants a ‘Red Ryder BB Gun’ in the film A Christmas Story?
You can find out the answers here!
4 thoughts on “Take on our ultimate Christmas film quiz!”
I only know very few answers, I admit it… but Michael Kamen wrote the soundtrack of Die Hard, John McTiernan directed it! And came back to direct Die hard with a vengeance too… :–)
An embarrassing rushed job there! We know McTiernan directed – promise! The question was meant to be how many did Kamen compose not direct and has now been corrected! Thanks for spotting that!
LikeLiked by 1 person
No problem! :–)
And if the question is about Kamen… it’s another one for which I don’t have an answer! X–D