Ready to find out how you did in our 2018 Christmas film quiz? If you’ve not done it yet, test yourself here first and then come back.
1. What song does Jovie lead the crowd in singing to power Santa’s sleigh at the end of Elf?
Santa Claus is Coming to Town
2. Frank Capra developed a new special effect for snow in the production of It’s a Wonderful Life, using a mix of foamite, soap and water, but which breakfast cereal had been frequently used for snow in films prior?
3. Which seasonal animation was based on a poem by Tim Burton?
The Nightmare Before Christmas
4. What major historical event led Mark Sandrich to extend Claude Binyon’s script for Holiday Inn during filming?
The Attack on Pearl Harbour
5. Alastair Sim, Jim Carey and Tim Curry have all brought which character to life in Christmas films?
6. Who was hired to be the store Santa at the Saguaro Square Mall?
Billy Bob Thornton’s Willie in Bad Santa
7. Kate Winslet plays journalist Iris Simpkins in Nancy Meyers’ 2006 festive rom com The Holiday, but for which UK newspaper does she write?
8. How many Academy Awards did George Seaton’s Miracle on 34th Street win in 1948?
Three: Best Actor in a Supporting Role, Best Writing – Original Story and Best Writing – Screenplay.
9. Michael Kamen composed the original Die Hard score in 1988. Whilst Bruce Willis has appeared in each of the films to date, how many did Kamen produce music for?
Again, it’s three. Die Hard, Die Hard 2 and Die Hard with a Vengeance. Marco Beltrami composed the later two.
10. Who voiced the titular character in Arthur Christmas?
11. Which of the following stars did not feature in Love Actually?
a) Alan Rickman
b) Jim Broadbent
c) Chiwetel Ejiofor
12. The song ‘Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas’ made its debut in the film Meet Me in St. Louis and was sung by whom?
13. Which holiday film was based on the short story ‘Christmas 59’?
National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
14. How many characters does Tom Hanks play in The Polar Express?
Six: the Hero Boy and his father, the Conductor, the Hobo, Santa Claus and the Narrator.
15. Who do the McCallister family leave behind at Christmas in the film Home Alone?
Macaulay Culkin’s Kevin
16. What is Santa’s favourite drink, according to Tim Allen in the film The Santa Clause?
17. The Man Who Invented Christmas tells the story of which famous writer?
18. What is the name of Santa’s bitter older brother in David Dobkin’s 2007 Christmas comedy?
19. Who directed Trading Places?
20. How many times does Ralphie say that he wants a ‘Red Ryder BB Gun’ in the film A Christmas Story?
Let us know how you did in the comments!